We all liked Pulp Fiction, right? An amazing masterpiece and one of the best Quentin Tarantino movies. When you hear about Pulp Fiction you may go like crazy talking about how awesome the movie is, the characters, the dialogues and all that, but did you really know everything about the film. Well only way to find out is go through the list of 9 things you might now know about Pulp Fiction. I’ve collected these unusual but true things that you might not know about Pulp Fiction. If you knew it already you’re the best and if you didn’t it’s really worth to know. Here we go.
1. Among the three stories in the movie, the two of them were already written by Tarantino before he wrote Reservoir Dogs and True Romance. After he got success from these films, Tarantino decided to write the third story intending to have each segment directed by a different person.
2. Everyone knows that famous Pulp Fiction Quote where Jules recites a passage from the Bible. Well, there is no such passage in Bible. It was mostly made up by Quentin Tarantino and Samuel L. Jackson. The only part that’s similar is where he says “And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.” The parts where talks about the shepherd and righteous man are not real.
3. Jules’ wallet in which the words “Bad Mother Fucker” are inscribed is actually the wallet of Tarantino’s himself. The inscription is a reference to the theme song of Shaft.
4. Daniel Day-Lewis (currently in the light for his amazing performance as Lincoln in the movie of the same name) wanted the role of Vincent Vega, but Quentin Tarantino turned him down and cast John Travolta instead.
5. Whenever Vincent Vega (John Travolta) goes to the toilet something bad happens.
6. The role of Mia Wallace was originally turned down by Uma Thurman but Tarantino didn’t leave her alone. He literally read her the script over the phone and finally convinced her to take on the role.
7. You know the scene where Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega dance together to win a contest? That song they were dancing on was not quite favored by Uma Thurman. She even confronted Tarantino and said that it just didn’t sound right. Well the director knew what he was doing, he just replied “Trust me, it’s perfect.”
8. I guess everybody remembers the band-aid on Ving Rhame’s neck but that was not intentional choice of the filmmakers. It was by accident when Rhames was shaving his head. When Tarantino noticed that it inspired him for a close up scene of Rhames with Marsellus Wallace. Ultimately Tarantino liked showing the band-aid rather than Rhame’s face because it accentuated the character’s mercurial nature and was more visually exciting than a series of single shots of Rhames and Bruce Willis.
9. Finally the briefcase. What was really in it? Sorry to inform you but nobody knows anything. Tarantino took this scene from the film Paris, Texas. Not only do we never know what was in the briefcase, I’ve read that the writers and director never really knew either. Don’t hate me, I just report the facts.
Continue your reading… 10 things you didn’t know about Reservoir Dogs.